Tuesday, October 9, 2012

He Gets Around

(The "Adventure Pictures" Baby Project)

There's something wrong about using that title in reference to my son. I think I'll give myself a free pass though, since he's only three months old.

Two weeks ago, I took pictures of Brayden every day at noon(ish). This past week, I decided to get crafty and tackle another mini-project. It started because whenever Brayden is laying on the floor near one of our dogs, I think about how funny it would be to position him in a way that makes it look like he's riding her. Unfortunately, the resulting series of events wouldn't just look like Brayden got kicked in the face. He actually would. Since that's out of the question, I decided to channel my creative energies for the week by exposing him to other amazing places and situations.

I like to refer to these as his "adventure pictures" since he's doing some pretty stellar things in them. I know there are people out there who takes pictures like these professionally. I'm certainly not a professional, nor am I trying to be one. I just thought these were fun. I made the backgrounds for my little guy with things laying around the house - blankets, socks, dessert plates, laundry baskets... you get the idea.

I took one each day of the week, starting last Monday. They're posted in the order I took them. I think they got better as I did them (practice makes perfect, right?). My least favorite is probably the garden one. If I did that one now, I think I could do a much better job.

The pictures were a lot of fun to make and since I have a bunch of other ideas for more, I'll likely spend another week in the near future doing it again.

Brayden's Wild Adventures

On Monday, we went surfing at the beach. He did remarkably well for his age.


On Tuesday, he went to n garden to pick lemons and tend to the flowers. A butterfly even landed on his overalls.


On Wednesday, he took a ride in a hot air balloon. He used his periscope to see all of the crazy things on the horizon.


On Thursday, some citizens were in trouble! He quickly threw on his Super-Baby outfit and flew to the rescue.


On Friday, we found out that Michigan's soccer team was a man short. They called up Brayden and asked him to step in against the always-dreaded OSU. He scored the game-winning goal (he's just like his father!).


On Saturday, he got geared up for Halloween by exploring some spooky woods near our house (good thing he had his flashlight with him!)


On Sunday, he finished the week by heading north... way north. We went to northern Canada and had some fun ice skating. Brayden is so good, he only needs one (broken) skate.


Hope your week was as awesome as his. :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! SO adorable! You're one of those moms who does all the things everyone wants to do, aren't you? You make the rest of us look bad. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's weird. I was with Brayden all week long, and yet my week SUCKED compared to his.

    Awesome pictures! I am strongly considering making the soccer one my Facebook background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (GASP!) ...and break your trend of updating it once every six years? I'm touched. You must really like that picture.

      Delete
  3. Oh my heart, you are creative! Those are adorable.

    ReplyDelete