Friday, May 10, 2013

Mother's Day Guest Blogger: The Hubby

This Mother’s Day, my gift to Krystin is to give her a blogger’s day off.  I know; she’s lucky to have me for a husband.

When I was informed (because I rarely remember holidays on my own) that Mother’s Day is approaching, I suddenly for the first time realized why it is so special.  Growing up, it was always just another day when I had to scurry about for a last-minute gift.  I know; my mom is a lucky lady.

Now, Brayden is approaching his 1-year birthday.  He has been making us laugh and smile and gasp in amazement at all his newest accomplishments for over 10 months.  And so I have found it easy (and fun) to point out how easy and enjoyable Krystin’s life must be as a stay-at-home mom.  But the reality is that my wife works harder in a day than I do in a week (unless anybody from my office is reading this, in which case I am just saying this to make her feel good about herself – don’t fire me!).

So Honey, Brayden and I would like to wish you a happy Mother’s Day.  Here are some of the things you do for us that we appreciate.

1. Dear Mommy, Thank you for carrying me in your belly for 9 months.  You were a very pretty pregnant lady and I was very comfy and cozy.  Love, Brayden.


2. Dear Krystin, Thank you for giving birth to my son.  I still can't believe that you did it naturally, and am so glad that you did.  He arrived so healthy and perfect, and I have you to thank.  Love, Hubby.


3. Dear Mommy, I know I was a little difficult when I was little.  But thanks for walking with me for hours until I finally passed out on you.  P.S. Tell daddy to stop calling me "Treefrog."


4. Dear Krystin, Thanks for going out of your way all the time to set up and coordinate all the family functions that you do.  Without them, I wouldn't have nearly as many beautiful pictures to look and smile at.


5. Dear Mommy, Thanks for taking me to all sorts of fun places where I can experience new and awesome things.  (I'm sad though, that they wouldn't let me drive that firetruck!)


6. Dear Krystin, thanks for raising the boy right. 


7. Dear Mommy, Thanks for always spending so much time to make me so many delicious and healthy meals.  Sorry I get carried away sometimes.


8. Dear Krystin, Thanks for putting up with him.


9. Dear Mommy, I'm the happiest baby ever.  And it's all because of you.
Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!!!



2 comments:

  1. Sweetest thing ever. Thanks for such a sweet and sentimental post hubby. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Mother's Day note!

    ReplyDelete