Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Ten Things Tuesday: Randomness

A completely random list of ten things.

1. I made it on my first solo trip with  Brayden. And no, it was not easy. My darling boy decided to be extra clingy over the weekend and cried (literally) every time I left the room. I came back from vacation needing, well, a vacation. (He more than made up for it though by being extra affectionate and donning me with all those sweet and gooey baby-kisses ♥)

Well, aren't you cute? Who would guess that when I leave the room in three
seconds you're going to have a major meltdown?

2. Grateful to be back in Virginia where walking outside isn't like walking into a sauna. You can tell it's been a while since I lived in Florida.

3. Feeling particularly motivated right now and hoping to work on some of those projects that have been on the back-burner for months.

4. Thinking about the "delightful" flight back from Florida. My always-on-the-go toddler just does not like to be constrained for a 2-2.5 hour flight. And as luck would have it (because mothers traveling alone are always  so lucky), we sat next to a man who clearly did not have -- nor want -- children. This made it easier for me not to feel bad when Brayden threw a piece of watermelon at him.

Big field > Small airplane

5. Lately, I've been doing yoga in the morning around Brayden. He's turned into quite the little yogi. When I ask him if he wants to do yoga, he gets all excited (sometimes putting his hands on the floor in a downward dog position) and then proceeds to run back and forth under me when I'm in the position. It's also pretty darn cute when he puts his hands in prayer pose in front of his chest whenever I do.

6. Hubby has started watching Breaking Bad on Netflix and is now trying to recruit me to join him. I think there are only three or four shows we watch on TV so we have a pretty severe screening process for new ones. He tells me it's worth it though...

7. Loving the language development my little guy is in the midst of. He answers every question you ask with a wispy "yeah...", says "hi," "that," "da-da" and "ma-ma," He has also combined his two favorite words: "milk" and "up." So now he walks around saying "mop" all day.

8. I updated my blog banner with a new picture of me and my boys. Which made me realize that my first picture had me as a blond and now I'm brunette. Not sure which I like more...


9. Unpacking from vacation stinks. Which is why I still haven't done it yet. But probably need to do so before our next trip in two weeks.

10. Only 25 more days until Michigan football season officially kicks off! Go Blue!


3 comments:

  1. Definitely watch Breaking Bad. It is SO good. And you'll alwats be a blond to me so I think I'm biased there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Krystin! We need to start teaching Brayden how to say "Go Blue!" I'm going to absolutely lose my mind the first time he says it.

    So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breaking Bad is awesome! I'm a new follower by way of Aloha Friday hop. Have a great weekend!
    Melanie
    violetsbuds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete