Wednesday, September 18, 2013

20 Weeks


20 weeks down, 20 to go!

Baby: We finally got our first glance at the growing baby! Our ultrasound two weeks ago went great - the doctor said everything looks perfect so far (advising that "whatever you're doing - keep it up!"). The baby is even a bit on the large side - measuring almost a week bigger than "average." (Average this week  would be the size of a banana -- 10 inches from head to toe and about 2/3 lb.). We didn't find out the gender of the baby (although Lauren surprisingly protested a bit while we were in the ultrasound room!) so only the technician knows whether we've got a boy or girl cooking in there.

The little one is moving around in the womb quite a bit, now able to flex arms and legs (and really get those kicks and punches off!). He or she is also developing nerve cells for sense of smell, hearing, taste, vision and touch. Noises outside the womb can now be heard, so we've started reading to our little one at night. When I was pregnant with Brayden, we read to him regularly and loved it. It was only natural that we do the same with this one. Since Lauren was never much of a reader, I'm  picking books that I loved from my childhood. Currently at bat is Charlotte's Web. Apparently, I read that book one too many times when I was younger because while Daddy is reading it, I find myself knowing the lines that come next. :)

Me: Doing pretty good! ♥ Came down with a nasty bug this week that immobilized me (and am still trying to recover), but otherwise, things are going great. Still jogging and doing yoga, and starting to incorporate some prenatal strength training. Sleep is getting tricky now that I can't lie on my back (I've never been much of a side-sleeper), so that's a bit of a challenge for me. Otherwise, everything is great

Daddy: Now really busy at work, but still doing well. He felt the little one move for the first time this week which is always exciting! 

Next Up:Just our normal monthly doctor's visit in a few weeks. Still procrastinating on names, nurseries and the like. But we've got time, right? ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment