Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tuesday's 10: Why I ♥ My Hubby

As of today, Lauren and I have been married seven years (holy cow!). Add to that the amount of time we were engaged, dating, and friends, and I've been graced with his lovely presence for well over a decade. There are hundreds of reasons why I love my amazing husband. For Mother's Day, he wrote a me a sentimental and super-sweet note. I could have returned the favor and written an equally sappy post. I could have gone on about how I love him because he always supports and encourages me (he does) and because he's an amazing father (he is). Instead, I chose to focus on the lesser known, yet more humorous reasons why I love my college sweetheart.

1. Your maturity level is well beyond other men of your age.

2. When I ask you to help with dinner, not only do I get assistance, but you also try to give me tips (and if that fails, you resort to inappropriate songs and white-boy dance moves).
Chef Lauren says "It's easier to chop an onion while wearing goggles."

3. You're a sleeping beauty.


4. I never have to worry about you being mugged on the way home from your fancy job.
 

5. You can eat whatever you want and not gain weight.
 

6. Even though you don't give yourself much credit, you are an extremely creative person.

7. You're a great problem-solver 
(even if you're the one that causes the problems to begin with).
Pouring defrosted champagne from a bowl
after leaving it in the freezer for too long.

8. You have so much to offer the next generation.


9. No one can ever fault you for doing what others are doing or for following the crowd.

10. We always make the best of any situation.
Studying for finals in college.


1 comment:

  1. Laughing so hard I'm nearly in tears. Just saw this. Freaking awesome. You've captured your relationship beautifully, lol. The first picture with him and Hera at Dad's house is a complete gem. I'm really sorry that I missed seeing that happen live. You two are something!

    ReplyDelete