Thursday, January 9, 2014

36 Weeks!

Less than a month left?!?! Holy smokes...



Baby: Our little one is basically done with key developments now. The remaining few weeks will be mostly weight gain and brain/lung development. The baby is also getting pretty darn big - somewhere around 5.5-6 lbs now - and is starting to run out of room in my belly. (My guess is that baby is on the big side of that spectrum since Brayden was over 8 lbs. at birth) Don't get me wrong though, the baby still adores moving around. It's just getting a bit more difficult I suppose. I had a doctor's appointment this week and the baby is in head-down position (hooray!) and everything is looking just perfect. 

Mommy: I'm getting more excited with every day that passes. I can't believe that in less than four weeks, I'll have a newborn! It's funny how time plays tricks on you. Some days it feels like Brayden was just there... that it was only a few months ago when he was coming home from the hospital. And then other days, he seems so old - so mature and skilled and capable. One thing that doesn't change is how monstrous he seems in size all of a sudden. I pulled out our gender-neutral newborn clothes from Brayden's early days and cannot believe how tiny they are! Brayden seems like Godzilla to me now. 

Must. Destroy.
The last week has been an exhausting blur. With Daddy out of commission due to his workload, I've been racing around like a crazy lady trying to get everything ready for the little one. Since we don't have many more "safe" weekends (where we're sure the baby won't yet be here), now is the time to get things done. Cleaning out the nursery. Washing baby clothes, sheets, blankets. Getting the car seat installed. Making freezer meals for those initial post-baby weeks. Staying up until 1 am to accomplish said tasks. I'm certainly feeling burned out and could use a few days to relax. Not sure if I'll get them, but it's definitely on my birthday wish-list. :)

Otherwise, everything is going well. I'm still having some lower back pain (so it's becoming even more of a nuisance to carry a 26-lb. toddler up and down the stairs) but am still getting to the gym 3-4 times a week and doing prenatal yoga and strength a few times a week. 

Daddy: He had a brief reprieve from work-chaos but is now crazy busy again. He has a few big projects coming to an end right before my due date, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this situation doesn't get messy.  

Next Up: Just finishing getting things ready for the new addition. Which includes that pesky and elusive name-thing (this time definitely feels more difficult than it did with Brayden!). Thankfully, I've managed to go through a few baby name books and add to our current list of options. Now it's just a matter of narrowing it down to a few of each gender. Pretty sure I have a few favorites... so we'll have to see what Daddy thinks about them. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment