Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday Favorites

This week has certainly been full of entertainment, excitement and silliness. A few of my favorite "little moments" from this week...

1. The Potato Picture.
Brayden decided to take special interest in the potatoes in the cupboard this week. He carried around the bag like a hobo, and then managed to pull one out and walk around with it. Simultaneously, he decided it would be fun to wear Daddy's tennis shoe (= match made in photographer heaven).

Yep.

2. Brayden thinking Daddy drives a bus.
Lauren works in downtown DC. He takes a shuttle to the Metro station so he can go into the city. Brayden always watches him from the window and shouts "bus!" whenever the shuttle picks him up or drops him off. This week it became pretty obvious that Brayden thinks Daddy drives the bus. It makes Lauren crazy. So naturally, I had to exacerbate the situation by singing wheels on the bus all week long ("like Daddy drives!").

3. Elissa finding herself in the mirror. 
...And loving it. Just like her big brother used to do.


4. Nap overlap.
It happened. Not every day and not for a long block, but I'll take whatever I can get. :)
(For the record, my un-favorite moment from this week was when both kids were sleeping and a commercial with a crying baby came on TV that made me frantically check the monitor. That just shouldn't be allowed.)

5. Catching up with friends.
With all the focus on our little ones right now, it was nice to have some time with friends I hadn't seen in a while.

6. Brayden's spaghetti lunch.
This was way more fun (for both of us) than it probably should have been. It began with messy eating, progressed into squeals of delight (and hats off to forces above), and ended with some giddy singing.



video


7. The Magna-Doodle argument.
Brayden loves his Magna-Doodle. He'll draw on it for what seems like hours. And after he's finished, he'll ask Mommy to draw things for him. It gets pretty boring to draw the same things over and over (i.e. train, fire engine) so I've been spicing it up this week. One of my favorites was a dog wearing a top hat talking to a bird. Brayden got a big kick out of it and took it to Lauren... who commended my fancy dog, but started arguing with me about the bird.

"Why is its wing broken?"
"It's not. The bird is flying."
"Then where's the other wing?"
"Right there."
"That's a wing?? What's wrong with it?"
"Nothing... it's the perspective. You're looking straight at it."
"But the other one is in the air. This bird is totally messed up."
"The bird is fine. You're messed up."
"I don't understand how it's doing that."
"The bird is coming in at an angle, ok??"

Yes. That was a real conversation about the accuracy of bird-aerodynamics on a freaking Magna-Doodle. Apparently, I have to hone my magnetic drawing skills to keep up with my overly skilled husband.

Doesn't Daddy realize this isn't exactly the most precise art form?

8. Cleanliness and Happy Dances
Earlier in the week, I asked Brayden if he wanted to help me do laundry and he eagerly ran to the washer. Once the cycle started spinning (we have a front loading machine), he busted out with his Happy Dance. Then today, when I was dusting, I looked down to find Brayden joining me... using one of Elissa's socks. My neat and clean little boy.

And finally, because it doesn't belong with my "little" moments above, I have to call it out separately. The hands-down best moment of the week was the birth of my nephew. :) I couldn't be happier for my baby brother, his lovely lady, and their new beautiful son. Congrats again, guys. ♥



2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize this week was so hilarious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH sweet pictures!

    msemilybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete