Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Cake Bits (& TimeLapse)

It's been a pretty crazy couple weeks over here. I've been baking up a storm lately - code name Hurricane Betty Crocker - and I have an even more hectic coming month. Over the next three weeks, I'll be making five party cakes, one wedding cake and a few dozen cupcakes.

I usually post my cakes on my Facebook page, so feel free to look at my recent yummies there. I've found that a lot of people are really intrigued by the entire process of cake-making, so I thought I'd post some pictures that in this post. My brother also gave me the great idea to do a timelapse of an actual cake - which I've included at the end. Though I'm a novice at making videos, I think it came out pretty well. :)

There's a lot that goes into building cake. Filling, frosting, moistening syrup, cake layers. I make sure I have everything in one spot and just build from the bottom up.

When Daddy isn't around to snuggle with, my sweet little puppy keeps me company! ♥
Fondant elements for a winter wonderland cake
I always take pictures of my cakes on a white backdrop. While I was doing that, my little guy insisted I take a picture of his snowman cup. I tried to just take a picture of the cup as he was holding it, but he said "No - Mommy. Over there!" and insisted on getting a backdrop shot of Frosty. 

More fondant elements (for my family's Christmas cake, obviously!)

Frosting cupcakes. Yum!

Adding a finishing touch and boxing them up. 

Here's my time lapse of a decorated cake with fondant. It goes through each fondant element then the building of the cake.


The finished cake from the time lapse above. 


No comments:

Post a Comment